Wednesday 30 September 2015

Life Update

Hello!

So I haven't been updating this blog in a while and I do honestly feel quite bad about it so I've decided to write a little post on what I've been up to.

I've been living in America for over a month now and it still doesn't feel quite real. The only time it starts to hit me is if I want to speak to anyone in the UK and have to mentally count forward 5 hours and check that I'm not going to be waking them up. I've only just sorted my room out and started to make it feel like home so I'm hoping I will finally settle into my room soon. I'm actually quite proud of my little dorm, so of course, I've included some photos...








Contrary to popular belief, I am actually studying while out here. Classes are hard. The way the program is structured is completely different to Bournemouth. I've already done 7 exams!! I do feel like I am learning here compared to Bournemouth which feels like I did nothing. I have weekly deadlines and I'm constantly reading and revising and learning new things.

UCF is a brilliant school. The strange thing is that I have so much pride for this school already! When game day comes around, I dress up in black and gold and cheer about a game that confuses the hell out of me. Everyone here is extremely friendly. I'm not sure if it's because I have a British accent or because I look like a lost puppy but someone seems to always be there to give me assistance.

On Sunday, I went to Universal studios!! I had the most amazing day and couldn't believe I was actually at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter! I was almost bursting. It also helped that I went with the best group of people in the world #CommonwealthFamily. We were there for 13 hours so I think I got the most out of my money. It has changed so much since I went 8 years ago! I also managed to get an excellent score on the Men In Black ride which added to my excitement of the day.

Also, yes mum, I have made a lovely group of friends. I promise I am not sitting in my room all day watching Netflix... Maybe... sort of...

So far, I am having the best time of my life. Honestly, it's been amazing. This weekend I will be going to Chicago so expect another blog post from me about the trip and also about the PR culture in the city that is host to one of the biggest PR firms in the world.

Katy x


2 comments :

  1. I love the acknowledgement that your blog will have one reader (your mum).

    Hang on, make that two. I'm enjoying your posts too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog so have nominated you for the Liebster Award over at http://aimeeewilliamsxo.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/liebster-award.html

    lots of love x

    ReplyDelete